Thursday, August 5, 2010

Kaylee's Vitiligo

Back in April, when we were in Florida, I noticed that as Kaylee was getting tan, she had some spots on her shoulder blade that weren't getting tan.  I didn't think much of it, but then recently noticed that she had a larger area on her neck.  I wanted to try to keep it from spreading, so I thought it was time to go see the doctor.  Her pediatrician sent us to a dermatologist named Dr. Hill.  Kaylee just loves going to see her.  I think the black light is her favorite part.  The doctor brings out a special hand-held black light and looks at her neck, back, legs, etc.  It is amazing how bright the white spots show up!  These areas have no pigment in them.  The doctor told Kaylee that we need to try to wake up her cells so they start to produce pigment again.  So, we are putting some creme on twice a day and will keep going back to the doctor every month or two to track her progress. 



No comments:

Post a Comment