Monday, April 5, 2010

Shuttle Launch

This morning we got up at 6am and went over to Havana Golf Course to watch the shuttle launch. The launch actually took place about 86 miles away, but the view we saw was still spectacular! Unfortunately I dropped my camera on the ground yesterday and the lens won't stay on, so I was trying to hold the lens on while taking these pictures (and I forgot my tripod in WI), so they are a little blurry. Justin also had a little trouble taking video of it, so we only have these blurry pictures to remember this event. It would be awesome to be able to see it again- maybe next year??? But it just might have been a once in a lifetime for us!

Just after launch, it lit up the whole sky!






You can see how the shuttle was lit up by the sun,
passed through the shadow of Earth and back into
the
sunlight... pretty cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment